Sunday, January 4, 2015

This last week has been absolutely awesome! There are so many things that I could talk about but I want to focus on just one or two. Both have to do with members and missionary work.
 
The first is just a testimony of the power of the temple. After a recent convert went to do baptisms for the dead a couple weeks ago, she has been inviting everyone she knows to meet the missionaries or learn more about our church! Before she went to the temple she was always willing to share and help us whenever we needed it but after, she has just caught on fire! She gave her mom a copy of the Book of Mormon, invited her brother and his wife to an activity, introduced us to two of her friends and will be working on introducing us to another friend this upcoming week! That is a powerful example of the importance of temples. As we come to learn more about the gospel, our desire to share it will increase. I really like the quote (I believe it is in Preach My Gospel) but it says something about the concept of a good way to tell if we are converted to the gospel of Jesus Christ is our desire to share it with others. I strongly believe that going to the temple is a major step in our "conversion" to the gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm extremely grateful for the opportunity I have to go to the temple once a transfer. That is a great privilege.

The second is going back to the concept of progressive growth brings more fruit than spurious growth spurts. When Castle Peak Bay ward opened I had one major goal in mind. It wasn't the number of baptisms I wanted to have while I was there. My goal was based more on what I want the ward to become; the baptisms will follow. I feel that when the ward is strong and focused, results will come. The goal isn't to have a "fruitful" couple months or even a couple years. My goal is to support the ward in becoming a fruitful ward. Help Castle Peak Bay ward turn into a tree with deep roots, thick trunk, and strong branches that will endure through anything that comes its way. Yesterday I received a witness that the ward is changing. During the testimony section of sacrament meeting several members got up and bore their testimonies about missionary work. It was and will continue to be one of my most cherished sacrament meetings. The work is going forward as a boulder pushed off a high mountain!  Progressively faster and faster! I'm grateful to be a part of it!

Til Next Week!
Love, Elder Cederlof

No comments:

Post a Comment