Monday, December 15, 2014


 
This week has been awesome! We have continued to be seeing a lot of progress in the overall ward missionary work. Most recently was helping 3 recent converts be able to attend the temple (baptisms for the dead) for the first time this upcoming week. I didn't know it at first but organizing three people to go to the temple, including who will watch their kids, who is going to take them, etc. has taken a lot of phone calls and correlation but we finally got it down! We are super excited that those three will have that opportunity to go this upcoming week!

This week I have been focusing a lot of my studies on faith, the true meaning of faith. I really like how it says in Preach my Gospel that faith includes believing that Heavenly Father loves me. I think that sometimes I think of faith as a little too broad. Faith is a very specific thing. As we learn line upon line, precept upon precept; our faith is then built, line upon line, precept upon precept. Definitely a process.
Zone Exchanges this week were excellent as well. I went with Elder Coppley. He is an awesome missionary. Very bold and willing to talk to everyone. He knows his weaknesses and he is willing to push himself in order to overcome them. I served in his area so he had the reins and he did absolutely incredible! He lead in the lessons we had for the day and just did a really good job. I was very impressed!

We have been working more with our ward missionary leader, his assistant, and the ward missionaries to build a strong, effective ward. The ward is doing great, definitely headed in the right direction and there is no doubt in my mind that there will be many baptisms to come in the Castle Peak Bay ward.

This week we also had some faith in prayer testimony builder experiences. The first one is one day when we were in a rush to get to a lesson, and then after the lesson head back to the church; which means we had to have fairly good timing in catching the bus one the way to the first lesson, and then catching the bus back to the church afterwards. After walking fast, I felt that we should say a prayer to catch a bus, as we were saying amen, the bus was driving towards us. First one down, still one more to go. After the lesson we headed over to the bus stop again, having already prayed that another bus would come, and sure enough, another bus came! It doesn't matter how simple our requests are, if we humble ourselves and in all sincerity ask Heavenly Father, not only will he listen to our prayers, but he will answer them in His own way and in His timing. The second is more from an overall observation of our ward mission leader. God prepares the people he calls. Our ward mission Leader is always so pro-active and quick in helping us correlate with the ward. This makes me think back to the sacredness of my calling. God really has not only called me but has/is also preparing me to be the best missionary I can be.  I'm thankful for this opportunity to be in Castle Peak Bay Ward!
Til next week,
Love Elder Cederlof

Going hard at badminton!
 


Some cow tongue given to them by a member
 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment