Monday, February 17, 2014

1st Baptism!


 
Funyihng Daih ga!
 
This week has been soo good and I have been soo blessed!! Number 1: I got to start a new planner. That’s good because my old one was super old and dirty. 2. I’m still in Tsuen wan after the transfers. 3. I’m a missionary, need I say more? 4. I can talk to people in a language even I don’t understand. 5. ADI GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!!! That’s definitely the highlight of the week!! It was so awesome and her conversion story is amazing. Maybe I’ll share it with you all sometime. (Depending on how many packages I get in the next couple weeks) haha But she had to overcome so many challenges and things. At one point she was going to give up and she told us she didn't want to came to church. She pushed through and has now been baptized. For example, her parents are faht (buddhist) and they didn't want her to be baptized but she asked them every single day and they finally said yes! And she also had a lot of bigger challenges than that, but she overcame them all. This gospel is for EVERYONE no matter their circumstance or position in life. The gospel WILL provide a better life. Sometimes people feel like they're too smart for the gospel, like they don't need help, they don’t need a God, or a Savior. But they are 100% wrong and completely missing the point. We are all running the same race here. Some people's race takes them up and down hills, others through forests. Everyone can run the exact same distance but be rewarded completely differently. Our goal as missionaries and as members is to make sure everyone has the opportunity to be rewarded to their maximum potential. It doesn’t matter how smart you are.  It doesn't matter if you think you don’t need anyone's help. You cannot be rewarded to your maximum potential without this gospel. Simple as that. A lot of people are content with their life, not willing to change. Maybe they will feel happy without the gospel, but they will never reach their maximum potential. NEVER without the Savior.  This week has been amazing. Too many blessings to count. I love everyday here. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a 3 year mission like that one rumor said (all hk/china missionaries get a special phone call and stay for 3 years)  (that rumor isn't true) but I’m still hoping there's a chance!! haha I love you all!! Peace!  And like we all learned in elementary school, say no to drugs.

 Love, Elder Zach Cederlof

P.S.  We were supposed to meet an LA at a park but he didn't show up and while we waited a lady came and talked to us and asked if she and her kids could come to church. She came the next day and they all really liked it. Plus her two kids really like white cantonese speakers. they think we're funny! So that's just another miracle!!



No comments:

Post a Comment