Monday, August 19, 2013

The MTC is still fantastic!


Leih hou! 
 
Ok well first you mom you don't need to apologize cause I knew what you meant. Second it doesn't really matter what you guys do with the bike. Oh and has anyone called about my dirt bike?  I forgot my list of things I need you to send so I'll do my best to remember them: retainer with stuff I can put it in so it doesn't smell horrible, 3x3 Rubik’s cube, Motab cd w/you raise me up, sheet music for Come Thou Fount, and I can't remember anything else.  I don't think I'll need an adapter but I still need to check on that!  I can't believe there was another fire on the mountain! That's crazy! Oh and my stomach is feeling great! Thanks for the medicine!
 
Landon and Melissa sure are getting brave! I'm so proud of you two! Oh and it isn't worth it to iron his shirts and the MTC gives you bedding to use here and please send my retainer and fingernail kit. When does Nick get here? and I don't know if I told you but I won’t be able to go to the curb when Justin gets dropped off but still look around just in case I’m around.  
 
The MTC is still fantastic!! And the spiritual lesson for this week is about prayer. Moses 1:18 I will not cease to call upon God, I have other things to inquire of Him: for his glory has been upon me, wherefore I can judge between him and thee (Satan.)   There is no way anyone could make it through the MTC without prayer! it is so important and I’ve definitely come to realize that! Praying in the morning and at night is very good but one thing I’ve noticed is that when I’ve been praying practically constantly throughout the day the spirit is soo much stronger!! 
 
Exciting stuff for the week is on Tuesday we had a devotional and Richard G Scott spoke! He focused a lot on the missionaries who were learning a new language and at the end of his talk he bestowed an apostolic blessing on us to receive the gift of tongues!!  That was very neat and I can definitely feel the power and truth of that!  Me and my companion didn't take in any notes or other helpers when we went in to teach our investigator and we definitely worked through the gift of tongues and gave a good lesson!    Elder Moore and Elder Hendrix's plane got cancelled so they had to stay an extra week and they were in our room! They are both awesome! They left Monday night and so our room was a mess the next day cause they left a bunch of stuff and left at 2 a.m. but we had room check and the note just said "are you kidding me?" Haha so we cleaned up and hopefully we'll get a better feedback next time!  The language is super tough but we are all starting to get the hang of it! Memorizing all the words alone is tough, but then we also have to memorize the tones! For example sik can mean to know or to eat depending on the tone. But I love it here and I can't wait to be able to go out in the field! My companion is soo sick! We both are twins and we both are the only ones that want to work-out in our district so that works out well!  oh and here's some MTC facts: 30 hrs a week of classroom  7 hrs personal study  6hrs 20 minutes of language study 2 hrs devotional 1 hr missionary portal/assessments, temple, 3.5 hrs planning, 4 hrs 10 min exercise, and 12 hr 5 min additional study! We are in the same classroom for over 50 hours a week! Haha and tell bishop page I got a seat by the window! Hahaha.  This week when we were at the temple there was a protestor! He was holding a cross and a bible! The missionaries are not allowed to talk to him though! He was saying that we didn't have to do this, we only had to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ.... which is what we're doing.... hopefully some missionaries get to his house and teach him more about us!  Well that's really all there is this week! Most of the stuff is just really repetitive! Oh I don't think I told you about who's in my room with me and my companion. Elder McEwen and Elder Williams!  We are lucky cause we have a good group of elders and have a lot of funny guys in the room! This definitely helps keep tension off and the stress out! None of us have ever gotten mad at each other! i honestly couldn't ask for a better companion and roommates! Well this is it for the Week! I love you all and can't wait to see you again! I’ll send you some pictures next week! I forgot the camera today! 
  
Love, Elder Cederlof

 

No comments:

Post a Comment